SoMIRAC Has Partners!
- An online magazine designed to promote literacy, creativity, and expression by and among Maryland’s middle school students.
- Written by Maryland middle schoolers for Maryland middle schoolers.
- A nonprofit venture created as a partnership among children’s author, Jennifer Keats Curtis, SoMIRAC, the Maryland Library Association (MLA), and Maryland educators.
- Designed to be read online in school, at home, and at libraries at www.My-Say.org.
- A chance for young writers, artists, and photographers to be selected for assigned articles on a wide range of topics, including health, sports, history, interesting people and book reviews.
- An opportunity for middle school contributors to query the editor and suggest story ideas, art, and images for publication.
- A place for SoMIRAC’s Young Authors to be publicly recognized.
- A closed site. Contributors will be published on the site only after content is vetted by a teacher or parent and vetted by the editor.
Scholastic was founded in 1920 as a single classroom magazine. Today, Scholastic books and educational materials are in tens of thousands of schools and tens of millions of homes worldwide, helping to Open a World of Possible for children across the globe.
More Information about this partnership will be revealed at our annual conference April 6-8, 2012.
Link to some Resources: Scholastic Resources